Meet the Community of Ahuzat Negev in Ofakim
Through a personal encounter with a local social activist who grew up in Ofakim, you are invited to experience different perspectives on Ofakim, from its creation until the modern era.
The Ofakim Experience
The tour provides a unique experience that gives a glimpse into the struggle of Southern development towns in Israel. Participants will get to enjoy a leisurely bike ride while discussing urban social change together with grassroots activists.
What to expect:
- Bikes will be provided for all participants
- Option to volunteer in the local community garden
- Optional meal may be provided by a local community member
Ofakim Tour Details
- Duration: About 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Group size: Up to 25 people
- Perfect for: All groups
- Meals: Optional meal offered (Kosher meal)
Ahuzat Negev Community
Ahuzat Negev is a community of secular, religious, young and old, men and women, residents of Ofakim. Community members focus on social action, community empowerment and social change, to bring about a change in the city of Ofakim in particular and the Negev in general by running community centers and projects. There are approximately 40 families in the community and it began in 2007.