Our Schuna Dalet Tour Will Take You on an Inspiration Journey into the Heart of Beer Sheva
We offer the opportunity to explore one of the oldest and most stigmatized neighborhoods in Beer Sheva, Schuna Dalet, through the lens of community-driven social change.
The Schuna Dalet Experience
This interactive walking tour will bring you into the heart of a historically neglected neighborhood that today serves as a meeting point for social activism and urban renewal.
You will hear about the work being done by a local mission-driven community as well as the transformation of Beer Sheva by visiting several sites in the neighborhood.
- Social business: Meet with the full-time social worker from Café Ringelblum, a local business that employs neighborhood youth at risk
- Elderly residents: the history of the neighborhood, and its development
- Student life and young residents: Influence, both positive and negative on the neighborhood and what the future holds
Dine With the Locals in Schuna Dalet
In addition, the tour can include a delicious kosher lunch at Cafe Ringleblum, which will include a deeper discussion on the role of the cafe changing the lives of youth at risk.
Schuna Dalet Program Details
- Duration: About 2 hours (one hour for the tour and one hour for the meal)
- Group size: Up to 40 people
- Perfect for: All groups
- Meals: Optional meal offered (Kosher dairy restaurant)